7.07.2012

Britt Wilson: About Me {Wife, Mother & Wedding/Portrait Photographer}

I've been cringing just thinking about this post.... for far too long now :)

I don't like to expose myself too much on my blog, but I feel it would be beneficial for some of my clients to get to know me a bit better & see who is really behind the lens & blog!

So.... here we go..... :) A post for you all to get to know me a little bit better, as promised.



What am I passionate about most?

*My faith & personal relationship with God.
------my favorite verses:
I loved you at your darkest. ---Romans 5:8

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ---John 14:27

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.  ---Proverbs 31
(I was baptized early this summer & this was my passage of focus.... God has been working on me with a focus on WORTH.... maybe more on that later!)

I am so thankful God loves everyone, no exceptions. I am also so thankful for His grace & forgiveness, & His evident work in my life. 
I'm straying away from the word "religion" ... it comes with rules & guidelines, I lean more towards "relationship" ... I speak to a God who loves me & values me despite my past, & I'm sure the mess up's in my future... or the things I did wrong today... :)

*My husband of 3 1/2 years, Together since 05'.
He sees me at my best & my worst (& still loves me!). He is my best friend & I can tell him anything. For dates we enjoy: live music, coffee, hiking, movies (he's a fanatic), mexican food & a corona, ice cream & just talking.


*My children, Mason 3 years & Paxton 5 months.
They are so rewarding & adorable (I think), I love them so incredibly much---it's ridiculous!



What OTHER things am I passionate about?

*Photography (obviously.... duh ;) )
*Fashion! I love being trendy with clothes & hair styles.
------specifically right now: Toms, top knots, center parts, burnt orange, lace, sparkles (always!), stone jewelry, long skirts/dresses, tulle (always!), Sperry's, bright colored jeans...
*Dance; my favorite form of exercise has been & always will be dance. I started dance classes when I was in Kindergarten; with tap, jazz & ballet. When I got into middle school I started private lessons with an instructor at Nolte Academy to catch up in ballet technique (which was lax at my old studio). Once I got to high school I tried hip hop for a few years (those of you who know me go ahead & laugh!!! ha! ha! :) ) along with my other classes. I ended up focusing on ballet with a little modern & lyrical, & all the while taking dancers pilates... which I loved too! It's been awhile... but I am going to attempt to find an adult class to join; I really, really miss it!



What 10 songs play on my iTunes most frequently?
1. "Heart & Bones" by The Pines (great live... hubs likes to sing this one to me! :) )
2. "Laughing With" by Regina Spektor (thought provoking)
3. "The Field" by Mason Jennings (another great one live... about a soldier)
4. "Behind the Clouds" by J.Son (can be a tear jerker)
5. "Lovin' in My Baby's Eyes" by Taj Mahal (we dance around to this one!)
6. "Ballad For My One True Love" by Mason Jennings (song for my husband & i)
7. "Bitter Heart" by Mason Jennings (love his voice)
8. "Shiny Shoes" by The Pines (sultry. & just awesome)
9. "Cry, Cry, Crow" by The Pines (Iowa boys!!!)
10. "Growing Pains Intro" by J.Son (My 3 year old loooves to rap along!)


What would I like to be when I grow up? (If I'm not already technically grown up at 22)
*a hair stylist √
*a photographer √
*a mom√
*a dance instructor√
*a counselor (marriage/family/children)
*a volunteer regularly
*a clothing boutique owner
*a personal shopper
*a Pilates instructor
yep... I'm a girl of many interests... I warned my husband last week that school again is not out of the question for me!

What books are on my nightstand?
*Women of Faith Bible
*The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer
*Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George
*Enjoying Where You Are on the Way to Where You Are Going by Joyce Meyer

Other Random Favorite Things:
*Java House Coffee
*Antiques & Vintage
*The Bachelor/Bachelorette
*Willow Trees (We got engaged under one!)
*Peonies
*Raspberries
*Dark Chocolate
*corn fields at dusk, specifically with firefly's :)




I hope that answers a few questions of who I am.... 
Have a great weekend everyone!


much love,
---b

No comments:

Post a Comment